£80 - 90 per day
Temporary | Full Time
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Humanities) – Droylsden
Have you recently secured a degree in a humanities subject?
Want to begin your career in teaching but don’t yet have any hands-on school experience?
Teaching Personnel are working with a Secondary School in Droylsden who are specifically looking for 2 outgoing and sociable graduates to support the various Humanities Departments, from the end of January until the end of the academic year, July 2023. Though this is a temporary position, successful applicants who work well in the school environment may have the option to make this role a permanent position at a later date. The pay band for this role is £80 per day, depending on experience.
- Working closely with your department to identify and support those students who would benefit from additional help.
- Push students who are academically gifted and need encouragement to put in more effort.
- Providing 1:1 tutor support and interventions with smaller groups of students who need further help.
- Providing your department with detailed feedback on student progress and development to teachers.
- It is essential that applicants can be patient and kind in order to build the most effective relationships with pupils who may be struggling and lack confidence.
The school is looking to hire 2 graduates for each core humanity subject, including History, and Geography. If you have recently graduated with a degree in one of these subjects, this is a very exciting opportunity to gain experience alongside another graduate.
In addition, the school is based in the Droylsden area which is a 10-minute walk from the nearest tram stop, into and out of Manchester City Centre. Someone who has access to a vehicle would find the commute to this school from areas such as Openshaw, Longsight and Failsworth easy. However, it is still very accessible via public transport.
If you are an organised, adaptable and confident graduate looking to work in a Secondary School environment, this role offers a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience working with secondary school students.
- The cohort of staff and departments are known to be very welcoming and supportive.
- Opportunity to secure a longer-term contract with the school dependent upon requirement, success and availability.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.